Week 1 (Feb 1-7)
What we covered:
- Fundamentals of mutual funds
- How they are created
- How they work
- Charges involved with it
- Basic Search criteria on Morningstar
What they need to do:
- Spend some time on Morningstar.ca (Click on Funds then Fund Selector) to find a Mutual fund they would like to Invest in.
- Copy/Paste the name of that mutual fund (don't add the series part) and get the mutual fund ticker from Yahoo Finance (Morningstar does not give it to you).
- Complete the long term / short term investments in the Investment Challenge
We are looking forward to working with the kids again.
In Level 2 we learn all about Mutual Funds & ETFs.
Here are the Zoom links. Please make sure you attend the class that you had signed up for.
Monday + Friday Session (7-8 pm EST / 4-5PM PST (Vancouver Time)
Saturday (12 noon-2 pm EST / 8-10am PST (Vancouver Time)