Welcome to Explorer Hop Model UN class! We had such a wonderful time meeting all of you in person! In the coming weeks we will be providing updates on our progress so watch this space!
Day 1: Model UN (9AM to 10AM) 21 Jan 2023
- We began with an introduction session. Students were introduced to the concept of debate. The importance of debating.
- The opening of the debate, addressing the opponent in debate, and naming the debate session.
- Introducing the UN and explaining how and when it was founded.
- Debate Soup was the name given to the debate session later on by students. Then, they were asked to choose an issue or problem to discuss.
- In voting, students decided the topic “If free homes should be provided by the government to the homeless or not”.
- Many good points were discussed by the students related to the topic
See you next week!