Global Investment Challenge: Message from our Founder & CEO
We are so excited to have you join us as we launch our second Global Investment Challenge.
When we started Explorer Hop in 2017, we had no idea that we would teach more than 4000 kids how to launch a business or start up their own investment portfolios. And even now, after seeing thousands of virtual portfolios, I am constantly amazed how smart and savvy kids are when it comes to money! I have no doubt that we will see some really amazing investing moves during the competition!
I have often been asked over the past few weeks what tips I can give, so I thought I would share my Top 5 Tips.
1) There is no such thing as too much preparation. The financial markets work on information. The more you know, the better decisions you can make. Take time over the next few days to read lots and start following a bunch of companies. Follow their stock prices and become familiar with any new developments in those companies or industries.
2) Take risks!! I cannot stress this enough. This is your chance to invest in just about anything you ever wanted. Seize the opportunity! If you ever wanted to see what happens if you invested in Bitcoin - now is the time to find out!
3) Don't focus on your rank. Seriously, this is not important. Stressing about your rank will either make you take more risk than you can handle or none at all - both of which limit your chance to learn and build a real portfolio. Over the course of 3 months, all competitors will go up and down - don't fret about it. Rather than focusing on your rank, focus more on why your investments are moving up and down - that's the important part.
4) Share accurate information. Here's a secret about successful investing. Your success will not be affected by sharing information. In fact, chances are if everyone shares information, you may actually do much better! Investing is about getting information and understanding how to use it. The more you have of both, the better you will all do.
5) Have fun. At the end, the competition is just a game. Have fun and enjoy it.