When Mira and Teyus go to India, they meet a boy called Hari who takes them to meet his Aunt. Now, his aunt has just opened a sweet shop with her own savings. Here, they get to try the delicious Indian Dessert called Laddu.
Very Easy Laddu Recipe
Makes: 8 Laddu Balls
Time: 15 minutes
3/4 cup chickpea flour (called Besan in any Indian store)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cardamon powder
4 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
1) In a frying pan, on MEDIUM heat melt the butter.
2) Add to the melted butter the flour and the sugar.
3) Stir until the flour browns a little bit. About 7 minutes. Keep stirring constantly while on the stove.
4) Put it in a bowl with the almonds.
5) Let it cool a bit and as soon as it is warm enough to touch make balls the size of ping pong balls.