Bitcoin & Blockchain (Grade 7 - 11)
Unit price per
General Course Information
Class Size: 2-20 students
Class Length: 5 hours
Prerequisite: e-Camp Millionaire Level 1
- Learn what bitcoin is and understand the differences between bitcoin and traditional currencies
- Discover the importance of bitcoin
- Learn about what it means to mine cryptocurrencies and how the process of mining works
- Understand the concept of blockchains and blockchain wallets
- Explore the difference between public and private keys as they relate to blockchains
- Learn about ledgers
- Learn how and why people trade bitcoin, as well as how to buy and sell it
- Discover why, similar to traditional money, bitcoin is in different currencies
- Learn about Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies
- Understand various bitcoin data concepts (candlestick graphs & consensus algorithms)
- Learn about the use of stablecoin by bitcoin and other cryptocurrency investors
Our online e-courses have live instruction on either Zoom or Google Meet. Details will be sent to you after your purchase.
We offer in-person courses across Greater Toronto Area. (Note: some locations listed on the map may not be availlable for this course.)
Our standard of excellence
Voted top educational program in Canada.
Featured in BBC, Global, CTV, Breakfast TV, CBC and more.
Be better than the best
As students advance through the grades of ExplorerHop financial education courses, they develop industry level skills and strategies. In Level 5 of the Camp Millionaire series, students are taught at a 3rd-year university level. In Level 8 they utilize concepts that are taught at a Masters level.
When a student completes an entire ExplorerHop course series, they are equipped with the knowledge of a strong industry professional.
Make a difference to your family
ExplorerHop students learn how to plan for their future. Early financial literacy empowers children to understand and challenge how the world works. When your child understands the value of money, they can begin actualizing practical ways to grow it.
What is the app?
Many of our courses offer the choice to purchase a supplementary app. The app is an engaging online learning module designed for your child. Each stage of the module offers exclusive content and interactive games that will help your child progress through the course. With the app your child will have access to these resources at all times, allowing for additional learning and support between classes. The app is offered through Canvas, and the student will be set up after starting the course.
If you want your child to squeeze the most out of this experience, the app is a must-have!
Duke of Edinburgh's Award
Earn Duke of Edinburgh's hours
Bronze for students ages 14+ - 13 weeks
Silver for students ages 15+ - 26 weeks
Gold for students ages 16+ - 52 weeks
Scouts Canada badges
Earn Scouts badges:
Scouts Canada is a Canadian Scouting association providing programs for young people, aged 5 to 26, with the stated aim "to help develop well rounded youth, better prepared for success in the world."