Taxes and Bitcoin
Unit price per
This course provides you with an in-depth knowledge of taxes and tax strategies to help create a more efficient portfolio. It will also dive into bitcoin to provide students with a look at how cryptocurrencies work.
What will you learn?
Students will learn core topics in taxes including:
- What are taxes?
- Different types of taxes: Progressive taxes, Income taxes, capital gains tax
- Common and Advanced Tax Saving Strategies like the Smith Manoeuvre.
- Understand the concepts of adjusted cost base value and book value, including how to calculate real gains.
- Tax benefits of different investment accounts such as a TFSA and RESP.
The course will also dive into trading and investment strategies such as:
- Different types of trades (long/short positions, limits, and stops),
- Dividend Re-Investment Plan (DRIP)
- Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA).
Lastly, a brief introduction to bitcoin is provided to expand students’ views on the different types of currencies available to them throughout modern finance.
PREREQUISITE(S): Global Finance (ENCM03) and Learn to Trade (ENCM01)
What do I need for self-learning?
1) A device with access to the internet
2) Paper and pencils
Accessing the course
After you purchase, you will receive an email to access the course at the Explorer Hop Learning Portal.