- A good internet connection.
- An internet-connected device such as a computer or tablet.
- A zoom account if LIVE virtual sessions are required.
- A webcam if your device does not have a built-in camera.
- Headsets for listening and communicating with the instructor.
- Browser updated to latest version.
Need Answers? Find them here!
What are the hardware and software requirements for accessing and viewing the content of Explorer Hop online courses?
How can students access teachers, online support and other student resources?
- Students can access discussion boards on our Learning Management System (LMS) to make queries and access support.
How can parents stay informed about courses and review students' work?
- On a monthly basis parents will get information about updates on the students’ work.
How is student attendance registered online?
- Our Learning Management System (LMS) keeps a track of student progress and measures what percentage of the course has been completed.
Is there a messaging system for students?
- Our Learning Management System (LMS) has a built-in communication system you can access it by clicking on the Discussion tab on every page of our LMS.
Are program activities asynchronous or synchronous?
- Explorer Hop’s self-paced programs are completely asynchronous and students can learn at their own pace. There are other programs that are synchronous and require LIVE virtual sessions.
How is Explorer Hop learning content interactive for students?
- Explorer Hop content has narrated animated lectures with checkpoints. Interactive videos, mini-games, puzzles and projects are also available.
How can Explorer Hop content be accessed by students?
- Explorer Hop learning content can be easily accessed through our learning management system which allows students to learn at their own pace. If Live Virtual Sessions are needed, the instructor will provide a virtual teleconference link (such as Zoom or Google Meets).
Where must students be located in order to perform their learning activities?
- Students can access our learning content from anywhere. All they need is a reliable internet connection and an internet-connected device.
How do students and teachers interact and communicate regularly?
- Students get feedback on all submissions made and are able to easily communicate with instructors and peers through the discussions functionality available on every page of the LMS.
If I am attending a regular high school, can I still enroll in Explorer Hop courses?
- Yes, our courses are open to all students from Grades 1-12.
Proctoring for Exams
How are Exams Supervised?
- Exams must be supervised by a proctor approved by the Explorer Hop instructor.
Who qualifies as a proctor?
- The student may choose any adult who is not related to them (e.g. teacher, guidance counselor, coach, doctor, lawyer, accountant, small business owner). The adult must have a professional email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). The proctor must supervise the student for the duration of the exam in accordance with Explorer Hop procedures. The exam may be written at a time and place that is suitable for the student. Proctors must have access to a printer and scanner.
How can an exam be scheduled?
- Students must submit their proctor’s details at least 3 days before the desired date of the exam. The proctor must first agree to supervising the exam, and then their information will be sent to the instructor for approval. Afterwards, students and proctors can determine an appropriate time and place for the exam. The student must submit the agreed upon date and time. We will email the proctor the exam and policy form 2 hours prior to the schedule date and time.
What happens after the exam?
- The proctor must send the exam back to the instructor by scanning it. The document must be clear and legible.