Rules for Speedy Smarts Board Game
This is a great game to play with family and friends. Played in two teams, players band together to answer questions in an attempt to get to the other side of the board. With two different formats, this game is perfect to play in any situation no matter the time constraints.
This game features one board, 36 questions in 6 different categories, and 6 pawns.
Test your knowledge of sports, modern entertainment, art, science, history/geography, and food, all while having fun.
About the Maker:
Mirabella is the 12-year-old co-founder of Explorerhop, a company dedicated to teaching kids about financial literacy, and preparing kids for a brighter future. Her hobbies include playing the piano, playing the violin, singing in her choir, and reading books. She is an avid reader, and her favourite books are Harry Potter, Keeper of the Lost Cities, and Percy Jackson.
Mirabella decided to make this game, as she wanted to make a fun trivia game, as she knows a lot of random trivia, and often spouts it out whenever there is a lull in the conversation.
-there are two teams, and the teams should be chosen equally
-take the cards, and match them to the corresponding colours on the board. For the short version, you will not need to use the food cards.
-start by deciding which version you want to play
-if you want to play the regular version, start by putting your pawns on the start
-if you want to play the short version, start by putting your pawns on the red squares
For regular version:
- Start by putting your pawns on the start square
- The team with the youngest player goes first, choosing which direction they want to go. This will be the direction they go in for the entire game.
- The first team moves their pawns forward one square, and gets a question from the question card corresponding with the colour of the board.
- If the team answers the question correctly, the team gets to continue playing, and repeats step 3-4 until they answer incorrectly.
- If the team answers the question incorrectly, they must stay on the square that they are on. They stay on the square until the other team gets a question incorrect.
- Keep repeating steps 3-5 until one of the teams gets all three of their pawns on the crown.
Note: the number of pawns can be switched depending on how long you want the game to be (e.g. for a shorter game use 1 pawn, and for a mid-length game use 2 pawns.)
For short version:
- Start by putting your pawns on the red circles. Each pawn should go on one red circle, and each side belongs to one team.
- Start by answering the question corresponding to the colour circle the pawn is on.
- If you answer the question correctly, move forward to an adjacent circle, and your turn is over.
- If you answer the question incorrectly, stay on that circle until it’s your turn again, when you get to answer another question.
- Keep repeating steps 2-4 until one team gets all their pawns to the red circles on the other side
Note: The food cards can be switched out for another type of question if it is preferred. If this happens, the miscellaneous cards will be used when the pawn lands on the colour for the type of question switched out.
The number of pawns can be switched depending on how long you want the game to be
(e.g. for a shorter game use 1 pawn, and for a mid-length game use 2 pawns.)