A unique Global Opportunity for the next generation of global leaders
Make a difference
Join Global Team
Explorer Hop is a not-for-profit global edu-tech institution from Canada seeking to empower students around the world with Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship.
Annually, we also host our widely popular “Global Investment Challenge” where students from around the world compete in a simulated stock market challenge with a starting sum of $30,000 to invest. Students must raise their portfolios over the course of 6 weeks to win prizes for the top performing portfolios.
What is the Global Student Apprenticeship Program?
The Global Student Apprenticeship Program is a unique opportunity for motivated students who are going to be future leaders. Through a selective process, high school students join us for a 2-week, 40-hour immersive training program. Students work side-by-side with our global team to complete a rotational internship or volunteer experience. They learn the fundamentals of operations, marketing & sales, business development, graphic design and by working directly with the CEO learn how to build leadership skills.
Who should apply?
- Passionate, hard-working youth who are interested in building a better, more equitable world.
- They should be interested in pursuing Finance, Marketing, Business or Technology in university.
- High School Students between the ages of 14-17 from anywhere in the world.
How does it work?
- The Program is conducted virtually.
- It is free.
- Selection takes place by an internal committee.
Key Skills Required
Positive Attitude & Enthusiasm
Good Communication Skills
What is expected of a Global Apprentice
- Stable internet connection and a device with a working camera and microphone to join daily Zoom meetings.
- Full commitment during the 4-hour working day.
- Positive and professional attitude.
Benefits of the Global Apprenticeship Program
- Unique opportunity to build their resume with a global experience.
- Learn important skills used in the workforce from a variety of departments.
- Opportunity to train with experienced leaders.
- Earn a certificate outlining the skills you learned and appreciating your efforts.
Graphic design workshop
Ads & Analytics workshop
Content creation teams
Cartoon design/animation workshop
Development team and software testing
Social media strategy review
End of program feedback
This can act as a CAS Project or contribute towards your service and creativity CAS hours
This can contribute towards the volunteer hours required
Dates & Times
- The program will run for 2 weeks.
- Students have the opportunity to pick between the following 2-week slots, depending on availability:
- May 31 - June 11
- June 14 - June 25
- June 28 - July 9
- July 12 - July 23
- July 26 - August 6
- August 9 - August 20
August 23 - September 3
- Students will have the opportunity to pick between the following timings:
- Monday-Friday, 3:00 - 7:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 - 11:30 am, Eastern Standard Time